Taronga Zoo Competition
Australasian Food Group Pty Ltd (trading as Peters Ice Cream)
ABN 11 154 314 913
254 Wellington Road, Mulgrave 3170, Victoria, Australia.
Ph: 1800 633 200
Start Date: 11:00am AEST on 11/03/2022
End Date: 11:59pm AEST on 22/03/2022. No entries will be accepted after this time.
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older at the time of entering the
How To Enter:
To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
1. Like the competition post on the https://www.instagram.com/proudandpunch/), and (https://www.facebook.com/proudandpunch) Instagram or Facebook Pages.
2. Follow @proudandpunch (https://www.instagram.com/proudandpunch/) and @tarongazoo (https://www.instagram.com/tarongazoo/) on Instagram, or Proud & Punch (https://www.facebook.com/proudandpunch) and Taronga Zoo (https://www.facebook.com/tarongazoo) on Facebook.
3. Mention a friend who you’d love to share the virtual zoo experience with and why
An entrant may submit multiple entries provided that each entry:
a. is a different entry from previous entries; and
b. is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Total Prize Pool:
Five winners will each receive:
• 2x exclusive admissions to virtual zoo session from with platypus and zookeeper from Taronga Zoo (valued at approx. $1,000 AUD each) for a total prize value of $2,000 AUD.
Five winners will each receive:
• Access for two to exclusive Zoo session live stream via provided link (date to be advised). Session will be conducted virtually with Taronga zookeeper who will present facts, food, habitat, threats, conservation program, etc regarding the platypus followed by question time. Stream will be hosted via Microsoft Teams, and questions can be submitted throughout within stream chat box.
Competition is a game of skill and the entries which the judges determine (in their sole discretion) to be the most creative answers will receive the prize. These entries must also meet all entry requirements detailed in the ‘How To Enter’ section of these Terms and Conditions.
No part of this prize is transferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize. Prize will be delivered to winner’s nominated address.
Judging will take place at the promoter’s offices at 254 Wellington Road, Mulgrave VIC 3170 at
12:00PM AEST on 25/03/2022. Each entry will be judged by a panel of judges comprising
representatives of the promoter.
The winner will be contacted by their Instagram or Facebook account within two (2) business days of being selected. The winner must follow the instructions contained in the notification message.
The winner will also be announced on the original promotional post on the @proudandpunch (https://www.instagram.com/proudandpunch/), and (https://www.facebook.com/proudandpunch) Instagram & Facebook accounts.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be awarded to the next best entry (as determined by the judges, in their sole discretion).
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry and that
entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional
Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not
at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its
agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. This promotion is a game of creativity
5. Employees (and the immediate family. members) of agencies/companies directly associated
with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, collaborating brands, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary
companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
“Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex‐spouse, de‐facto
spouse, child or step‐child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step‐parent,
grandparent, step‐grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step‐brother,
step‐sister or 1st cousin.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If the winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a
prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the
Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following
and acting in accordance with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
(http://www.facebook.com/terms.php). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions
set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at:
http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php. Any questions or comments
regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. Entrants
acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with Facebook. By entering this promotion, you release Facebook and its
associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion.
9. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the
prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for
any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
10. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
11. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed
online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the
entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
13. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal information will
be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use this information for future
marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically.
The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy
contains information about how the entrant may access, update and seek correction of the
personal information the Promoter holds about them and how the entrant may complain
about any potential breach by the Promoter of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other
Australian privacy laws and how such complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter collects
personal information about entrants to enable them to participate in this Promotion and
may disclose the entrants’ personal information to third parties including its contractors and
agents, prize suppliers and service providers to assist in conducting this Promotion. If the
entrant does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be ineligible to
enter or claim a prize in the Promotion. Personal information collected from entrants will
not be disclosed to any entity located outside of Australia.
14. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish
the winner’s Facebook name by tagging them in the announcement post.
15. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and
warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or
purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable
law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
16. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including
by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering,
unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or in the event of war, terrorism, state of
emergency or disaster or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may
in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any
affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
17. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non‐Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised
access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered,
damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to
that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of
entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In
the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to
validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be
offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable,
will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries
containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third
party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any
automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an
individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries
submitted by that individual invalid. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant
agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non‐compliance with
these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the
Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no
correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss
(including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits),
expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not
arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion
or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
21. The entrant will participate in and co‐operate as required with all reasonable marketing and
editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded,
photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such
marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek
their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize
or acceptance of the prize. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage
does not constitute a waiver of these rights.